Korg, Vox, ARP, Sequenz, Stay, Reon, Soundbrenner, Kicker, Mapex, Paiste, Vic Firth and Takamine products are distributed in the UK and Ireland by KORG (UK) LTD.
KORG UK Warranty Policy
Set out below are KORG UK Limited warranty terms and conditions. Please read this document carefully. It contains important information about your rights and obligations, as well as limitations and exclusions that may apply to you. By accepting receipt of the products, you agree to be bound by and accept these terms and conditions.
1. These warranty terms and conditions apply solely to Products purchased from new AND distributed by KORG UK Limited (KORG, we, our, us) through its dealers within the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland (“Products”). Please find the list of Products and their respective warranty periods in Appendix 1.
2. The warranty covers any defects in materials and workmanship of the Product and is limited to the cost of parts and labour required for proper repair of the Product.
3. Defective Products that qualify for coverage under this warranty will be repaired, or replaced (at our discretion) with a like or comparable Product, without charge. If a comparable Product is not available then we will liaise with your dealer to find a satisfactory resolution.
4. This warranty is only valid on Product purchased in the United Kingdom and Ireland. In circumstances where a warranty repair is being claimed in another territory outside of the United Kingdom and Ireland then that distributor or service centre may, at their sole discretion, waive the cost of labour and parts.
5. A claimant under this warranty will be liable for all costs in delivering the Product to the authorised KORG dealer for warranty repair.
6. This warranty is non-transferable and will only cover the original purchaser of the Product.
7. We will not accept any warranty repair without the original proof of purchase of the Product or in the case of an extended warranty without the registration of the Product taking place within 30 days from purchase. It is the original purchaser’s responsibility to keep the original proof of purchase record safe at all times, as we are not obliged to provide a replacement of the original proof of purchase.
8. Any repair or replacement of our Product in relation to this warranty does not extend the terms of the warranty. The original term of the warranty remains.
9. We assume no liability for property damage resulting from failure of the Product.
10. We will not be responsible for any loss of income (whether actual or anticipated), contract, consequential loss, satisfaction, or damages arising from the loss, defects or availability of the same during service of the Product.
11. Nothing in this warranty shall have the effect of restricting or excluding our liability in respect of (a) death and personal injury caused by our negligence or fraud; (b) under the Consumer Protection Act 1987 to a person who has suffered damage caused by a defective Product or to a dependent or relative of such a person; (c) direct damage to your property caused by the proven negligence of KORG.
12. The warranty does not cover any of the following:
a. damage due to spillages or moisture ingress;
b. neglect, abuse or misuse, including but not limited to the failure to use the Product for its normal purpose in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions for usage, failure to properly maintain the Product in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions, and/or the failure to use the Product in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications;
c. normal mechanical or cosmetic wear and tear; fret wear, saddle wear, nut wear, pickguard wear, finish wear, damages or broken strings, failed or incorrect batteries, damaged or worn connectors, bag or case wear including worn zippers, clasps, handles, and latches;
d. failure or damage due to use of Product with incompatible or faulty equipment, flight cases or gigbags;
e. broken keys or keybed assemblies;
f. failure due to the application of incorrect mains voltages;
g. unauthorised modifications;
h. repairs conducted by unauthorised persons or service centers;
i. the model and/or serial number being altered, removed or made illegible;
j. accidents, acts of god or any causes beyond the control of KORG;
k. any damages occurring through the use of third-party power supplies;
l. the Product has been used for loan or rental purposes.
13. The aforementioned terms and conditions shall in all respect be governed and construed in accordance with laws of England and subject to the exclu¬sive jurisdiction of English courts. Such statutory rights may not apply to subsequent owners of our Products.
These warranty terms and conditions may change from time to time without formal announcement. Please find the latest version on our website www.korguk.com
Appendix 1; This Warranty shall cover the following Products and components for a term as set out below:
• KORG Kronos– 1 Year extendable to 3yrs*
• KORG PA4X– 1 Year extendable to 3yrs*
• KORG KROME – 1 Year extendable to 3yrs*
• KORG Pianos – 1 Year extendable to 5yrs**
• KORG Tuners – 3 Year
• Other KORG Products – 1 Year
• Vox Products – 1 Year
• Takamine Products – 1 Year
• Mapex Percussion Products – 1 Year
• Paiste Cymbal Products – 2 Year
• Kicker – 1 Year
• All Brands
-Speaker enclosures – 1 Year
- External Power supplies – 90 days
-Valves, fuses, meters – 90 days
-Cabinets, handles, cabinet hardware, cosmetic fixtures – 1 Year
* & ** The extended warranty period is only applicable when the Online Warranty Registration is completed within 30 days of your purchase of the Product.
How to obtain the warranty Service
1. The KORG Dealer from whom you purchased your Product should be the first point of contact when a warranty claim is made. The dealer will be able to arrange for return of the Product to our Service Department in Milton Keynes.
2. Note: If the company who supplied your Product has ceased trading please contact us direct on 01908-304650 and we will make the necessary arrangement to resolve the issue for you.
3. If your Product is covered by KORG under an extended warranty you should contact the original dealer to arrange the return of the Product. They will be able to arrange for the return of the Product to our Service Department. In special circumstances and at our discretion the Product may be returned directly to us.
KORG UK LTD.
Registered Office: 1 Harrison Close, Knowlhill, Milton Keynes. MK5 8PA.
Registered in England No. 2355914
VAT Registration No. GB 505 471367